Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Full Life

If I said the last few weeks were busy, that would be accurate.  If I said they were crazy, that could be a good description as well.  Insane is another word tumbling around...but full is the best choice.

This time of year brings a fullness that makes my heart brim ~ nighttime family prayers are better during Advent.  Everything is better during this season leading up to Christmas, even grocery shopping. I find myself smiling at people in the store when typically I just want to escape as quickly as possible.

Sitting here in front of the screen, clicking through pics of the last few weeks, I am amazed at how simple everything appears.  This is why pictures are good for me.  All the chaos is simply edited out and all my short memory grants me are the good moments.  The kiddos will probably have an altogether different perspective as they age but I'll hold on to the blissful memories, thank-you-very-much!

A few (or more) memories ~

Nickles totally digs cookie-making 





Kath, creating some contraption for hanging the ornaments higher
after Nickles removes them from the tree



Boo hoo, Michaela's first dance....Kath was all about snapping pictures
(and many of them) to create memories for Michaela, while Michaela just wanted 
to head out. "Michaela, you are not like me at all....I will be so excited!"


Joshie, enduring a shoe-lacing lesson



Hans Brinker and his faster sister





Gingerbread...I mean graham cracker houses





Joshie's house, built on sand, or maybe he simply forgot the foundation!









M, sweating it out over the sewing machine.



Something more up my boys' alley, cutting greens to decorate the house.





No, this isn't the only shirt Dom has, it's just the only one he chooses to wear.  
Thanks, Ann!



Seriously, Nickles, hit the road!



Persistence paid off, now he has the cookie to himself.





Well, it'll be a tough job, but I'll manage to polish off this Chex mix somehow.  



Never, ever waste sugar.  
and never, ever eat a cookie this kid has decorated



Our skies lately, I could float off into them!


No comments:

Post a Comment