Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Annika

A couple weeks ago I found myself shopping at Walmart on a Saturday afternoon because I was too blasted tired to get going earlier.  That was a tortured experience, beginning with some schmuck stealing my cart, including my wallet, within the first few minutes of entering the store and ending with a frantic search for said wallet upon reaching the checkout.  I resolved not to shop that late in the day again!

Early this Saturday morning I pried myself from the coziness of the down comforter to get the week's groceries, but wishing those could be ordered online.  Sneaking into Annika's room, I invited her to join me.  Knowing there would be some treat, she eagerly got up.  

It is always enlightening to spend time with the kiddos individually.  Annika has so many ideas tumbling around in her little mind.  She loves being with her older sisters, but also loves hanging with her brothers.  Sometimes she acts like a little adult and other times, well, like the 8-year-old she is....but when she's shoppin' with momma there are very adult-like conversations goin' on.

As we headed to Costco she commented that it was the best store.  "Mom, Costco is the best isn't it?  I mean, with the food it has a pharmacy and a tire center too....I mean it has everything."

Indeed it does.  It is actually enjoyable shopping at Costco.

She was planning on riding horses with her sisters later on,so horses were on her mind as she sipped her coffee.  "Mom, do you think they make saddles with cup holders? That could be handy you know."

"Well, certainly some cowboy would have thought of that, a cold beer would probably be nice while they're herding cattle. I have never seen a saddle with a cup holder."

We stopped by the cemetery to visit Theresa's grave, which is an entirely different post for the most part.  However, the cemetery always leaves questions in a child's mind; among the less profound, "Momma, who will get your money and stuff when you die?" 

The morning reminded me how young she still is as we traipsed through flower nurseries and Home Depot and Costco.  The little boys consume so much time that I often forget Annika still needs her momma!


Beautiful flowers to choose at the nursery ~



My favorite flowers that the kiddos picked ~



Annika has her own sense of style, 
something she is teased about at times!



Dancing with Daddy ~



Nicholas had to join the fun ~





No comments:

Post a Comment