Thursday, June 9, 2016

Funnies

Texting conversation with Shannon.
"Nickles knows what you want for your birthday present."
    "Fantastic.  What?!?"
        "A Spider-Man costume!"

Dom was lying on the floor pretending to be dead to avoid math.  
Nickles says, "I know you're okay! I saw your finger moving!"

While eating German pancakes one morning, Dom asked if when you order pancakes in Germany they bring you a German pancake.  Nickles answered, "Yes, they bring you German pancakes! And in Chinese they bring you Chinese pancakes!" 

Nickles during lunch, "I wish I had a zipper on my mouth." 
Shannon's reply, "You have no idea....."

I was accusing Shannon of not remembering people's names.  Nickles says, "Mommmmm, you don't remember names either.  You call me Dom and my names is Nicholas." 

Driving one day, Dom asked when he'd be old enough to get a wallet.  Without missing a beat, Kath responded, "You're old enough to have a wallet.  You're just not old enough to have money in it."

For those of us that have listened to Brian Regan's monologue on crank calls nine thousand times, the following is amusing.  Leaving an antique store, Dom mentioned that we should call them and ask if they had Prince Albert in a can.  Kath snapped that those things just aren't funny any more.  Dom replied, "Well, that store DID  have Prince Albert in a can, so we could ask them that." 
At least Dom now knows what Regan is referencing!

I help teach Religious Education to Dominic's 2nd grade class.  One would assume if I'm helping that my kid would be more educated, shall we say.  Today they were talking about the sacraments and the ones the students have received thus far.  After discussing which ones they had received, the teacher asked what the other sacraments are.  One kid contributed Marriage and another Confirmation.  Dom had been sitting there seemingly half asleep when his hand shot up in the air.  
"College!" he offered. 

Nickles wanted to get a swimsuit for Katherine for her birthday. We were looking through a website, trying to choose one when he said, "You know....I really don't like looking at these. Pick something out that's beautiful and nice and I'll give it to her."
Spoken like a true male.  


Grafting cacti...who came up with thatidea for a science project?



He fell asleep in the naughty corner...but he wasn't tired at all!



He liked Max's onesie, so he put it on, but couldn't figure out 
how to connect the snaps at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment