Friday, July 21, 2017

Funnies

While making dinner I hear the doorbell ring.  Walking to the door, I could see no one.  My kids know not to ring the bell unless there is an emergency, but I peeked out anyway.  There was little Max peering up waiting to be let in.  I didn't even know he'd made a break for it. I unlocked the door and let him in.  As he walked by he said super cheerfully, "Hi Mom!" just like he'd been on a long trip. Calvin moment, for sure.

Eric at dinner, "Dad, would you consider allowing me to go the dance even though you said I couldn't?  All the girls are going to be really disappointed that I'm not there."
Shannon replied, "Where exactly do you get your feedback?"

Eric showing Shannon the GoPro video of his epic sledding crash.  The video is very clear that he broke a brand new sled despite denying it.  He also swore.  I've decided all my boys will wear GoPros til they move out.  The incriminating evidence would save us a lot of debating.

Upon realizing who Melania Trump is, Josh exclaimed. "Whoa! Really?! That pretty of a lady for, um, well, uh, well, not a very handsome guy?!"

Nickles, "Mom! I need to go to work with Dad so  I can get some money so I can buy a yo-yo!"

Later, practicing with said yo-yo, "Mom! Watch my trick!" as the yo-yo flies back and hits him in the head.  "I've almost got it down.  Sometimes it just does that."

The best April Fool's prank was pulled by Annika.  She made a fake puddle of milk, placing it on the computer keyboard with a tipped cup next to it.  Shannon arrived home from a hike, telling us all about it when he noticed the cup.  Jumping from the kitchen to our desk in a single leap while uttering a couple swear words, he realized he'd been fooled!  Naturally, we were all there to witness it!
But he who laughs last laughs best.
When all the kids went to sleep, Shannon waited for half an hour, then went down and woke them up for Sunday Mass....eight hours early.  The kids weren't super excited about that one!

Dom, "Hey Mom, you know that guy on shark week...the one who talks real cool and says he's a dancer? Well, can you get me a computer program like Katherine and Eric have for learning German so I can learn how to talk like him?" 
(For reference, Dom was talking about Craig Ferguson) 
"Um. Probably not, Dom. I don't think they have Rosetta Stone for a Scottish accent."

Making his case to keep a kitten we'd picked up for a friend and get rid of our older cat, Nickles said, "Mom, we need to get rid of Bella.  She's rude and she's gained too much weight."

 Clothes shopping with Dom, "I like brown pants, because when they get muddy you don't HAVE to wash them. Wait! These undies...they don't have backs." 
As we walked past a rack of sketchy women's underwear....the fact that they were in Marvel comic designs must have piqued his interest because typically he is completely unobservant.

Dom thought he'd take his paintball gun back to MI. "Because it would keep me and Drew busy the whole time." 
I told him he could take the gun or clothing. 
He's thinking it over 🤔

Typically, Nickles bounds up the steps in the morning and when asked how he slept he responds with a, "Terrific!" or "FanTAstic!" or some similar expression.  One morning he drug himself up the stairs and when I asked him the usual he replied, "I slept terrrrible."  
Snuggled up next to me on the couch struggling to wake up, he told me about his dreams, "Mom, I was chasing a giant frog last night and it kept getting away and then I landed on the floor."
~Across the room Dom starts giggling~
"That's not nice, Dom!! YOU were there too!" Nickles fired back.
It must have been pretty realistic if Nickles thought Dom would remember being in his dream!

Nickles hands smelled terrible from seashells the kids brought home from France. After I made him wash his hands he said, "Thanks a lot, Mom. Now my hands smell like flowers. Boys are NOT supposed to smell like flowers."

"I do eat a lot, but I don't get fat, BUT I DO get heavy," random Nickles statement.

Discussing a family friend who has a severe medical diagnosis Eric asked how long the individual is expected to live.  Nickles pipes right up, completely seriously of course, "Until she dies, Eric."


Who knew I was folding laundry for TWO superheroes?! 



I don't even know what this picture was about, but it makes me laugh.




The End ~















No comments:

Post a Comment