Thursday, February 2, 2012

Legos

There is a love/hate relationship with Legos these days.  They are loved because of the creativity they stimulate, the time they occupy, and their simplicity.  
They are hated when left by the little boys strewn through the house only to be found by tender toes in the middle of the night, or when their siren song lures my boys away from their schoolwork and into a closet to make one more adjustment to a masterpiece. 
Shannon stated matter-of-factly that Legos would only be allowed out on weekends, placed in storage til Friday night, yet I still find them everywhere.  Jet planes swoop out of sight when I enter the room, Nickles tucks Legos under his pillow, Dom's pockets are typically loaded with them, prepared for any break in the action.
I guess I will have to make my peace with them, but sometimes it is darn tempting to load them up and drop them off at the thrift store.  









No comments:

Post a Comment