Thursday, September 4, 2014

August Funnies

Katherine and I were working in the kitchen when out of the blue she asks, "Mom, do you have to go to college to start a still?"

Dom while planning his birthday, which thankfully is not until January, asks, "Mom, does seafood fettuccine go with corn dogs? It doesn't?  Then, I'll have corn dogs, pizza, mac-n-cheese, chicken nuggets....and I guess some salad."
I have a sneaky suspicion the salad is only to placate his mother, not because it's a beloved food. 

Driving with Nickles today he yells, "MOM, wook at dis!" I glanced over to see him pushing all his skin in his bicep area up as far as humanly possible.  
"They are weally huge!"

Katherine and I were chatting at lunch about relationships and the fact that a teacher at a local school thought that the students would begin dating if they had swing dance lessons. Later she stated, "Did you know that Lena says that boys will fight, actually with their fists, over a girl?" 
This revelation completely staggered her imagination.  
The fall of man, Katherine, is often a woman!

Kath and Eric went to check one of our game cams, returning home absolutely breathless.  A bear had run out in front of them.  Eric ran behind Katherine and dove for the ground.  Katherine, being the collected soul she typically is, raised her arms in the air and yelled while keeping an eye on the bear.  When she looked around for Eric, she found him lying in the bushes behind her.  Shannon told Eric he will have to hunt that bear all season to try and recover his dignity.


Max's first haircut



Despite Max and I being in pj's, and egg all over his face, I decided that the best time for a haircut is when I have the clippers in my hand, otherwise I procrastinate forever! 



Voila~
Mom always said the eyes are the lamp of the soul.
His eyes sure sparkle now!


1 comment:

  1. I love your family funnies! Thank you for posting them. They leave me with such a big smile - maybe the only benefit to the month flying so fast is another batch of funnies. loveyoumeanit...

    ReplyDelete