Thursday, September 11, 2014

Little Max

I read an article yesterday of a young couple celebrating the life of their pre-born son, despite the likelihood of him living being slim.   http://abc11.com/292920/   Instantly, I was transported to a year ago, sitting at the classroom table, tears silently running down my cheeks.  Shannon was hunting and had called in to check up.  We talked about our little Maximilian and cried together over the phone. Reading the article, I can only imagine the moments this young couple has spent in tears, yet they continue to give witness to life.  At that moment a year ago, I could not imagine what a perfect gift Max would be.   Leaning over his crib last night after a particularly rough day, I commented on how footloose we all were before his arrival, Shannon reminded me that, yes, life was a lot easier, but now it's much richer.  And he has enriched our lives, over and over and over, even at 2:00 in the morning!


Hanging out on the 4th of July with Theresa ~



A birds-eye view from Daddy's shoulders ~



Preventing Michaela from sleeping too long while sunbathing ~



Mmmm ~ basil stems ~



Hanging out while my brothers fish ~




"I hate this blasted Ergo!"



"Really, Nickles.  This food tastes awful!"



"Now we're talkin'!"



"Katherine, you're my hero!  
I mean, who needs healthy food, when cake batter is available?"



"Is everyone singing to me?"
(Michaela's b-day)



Brothers ~



Learning how to crawl ~



"This is exhausting!"



~ Pure gift ~



3 comments:

  1. Indeed - what a gift! I love the picture with the basil stem. You've got one beautiful family - that's for sure. I hope you're all having fun with the start of a new school year. How you juggle it all, I just don't know. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't that picture totally look like the candy cigs we used to have as kids?? Fun might be an overstatement, but we're finding a groove that works, so it's all good! Have you had any snow yet or has it been a beautiful fall thus far? It began snowing yesterday. ....boohoo!

      Delete
  2. He is so gosh darn cute! What a smile - what sparkling eyes! What a gift, indeed!

    ReplyDelete