Tuesday, January 13, 2015

December Funnies

While coloring one morning Nickles asked,  "Could I get a tattoo on my back? And could it say, 'I wub Mom'?"
Why certainly.  I'm not sure why I haven't thought of that before! 
I almost caved to a Sharpie tat, but decided against it when I thought about what I'd be promoting. 

At the dinner table, again with some of Michaela's friends, Nickles kept saying, "Lipstick taser!" 
Unfortunately it sounded like, "Zip it, sister."  

Nickles was playing with two cars which, naturally, were talking to one another.    
"Are you going to kill me?!?"
"Why yes I am," followed by a gunshot sound that only boys seem to perfect.

St. Nick was at Target while Eric, Nickles and Max and I were shopping the other night.  He asked if Nickles wanted to sit on his lap.  Nickles flatly refused.  Shortly thereafter Nickles informed Eric and I that that St. Nick wasn't the real Santa.
When we asked him how he knew that, he replied, "Because his sled wasn't parked outside." 
Well, duh.

Eric's voice is changing and he is kinda enjoying the sound of his own voice now more than previously.  The rest of us aren't appreciating it quite as much as he is.  One day after being asked to stop singing he announced, "Well, it's hard to stop singing when you have such a good voice."
Humble, that boy.

Upon waking one morning Annika states, "Mom, I had the worst dream last night."
Thinking it must have been awful, I asked her what her dream was.
"It was terrible, Mom.  You threw all the teacups away."
I'm not sure whether I'm disturbed by the fact that she thought that was an awful dream, or that clearly she sees me as someone who randomly throws her stuff away. 

Nickles informed me he could not clean his room because he needed to reassemble his skidsteer which was scattered across the living room.  Kath told him to get moving, she would put it back together for him.  Nickles told her she couldn't do it because she didn't know how.  
Kath replied, "I'm a contractor's daughter, I can put almost anything back together."

While eating out the other night, our waiter hit it off with Nickles.  He rigged up a long straw, along with Nickles' own pitcher of strawberry lemonade so he wouldn't need to ask for any more refills.  
And, yes, I let it happen.  








No comments:

Post a Comment