Thursday, January 22, 2015

January Funnies


Nicholas was watching a "make-him-smarter" movie in my bedroom one morning during school time. When I peeked in to check on him, he was lying on the bed eating peanut M&M's. When I asked him what in the heck he was doing, not missing a beat (or M&M), he replied, "Oh, these make me smarter." 

Dom lost his Christmas gifts a few days after Christmas due to some sort of misbehavior.  Since then, he has been earning them back with good deeds.  Only one gift remains to be earned back ~ his fishing rod.
*a side note, my boys have been on probation with their father in order to earn skiing this year. 
I asked Dom when he was going to get his rod back.  He contemplated this for a couple minutes before responding, "Well, I think I'll earn the next two ski days, then work on the rod."  
Apparently, only so much good behavior can be expected from a seven-year-old.

Dominic to Max, "Max, you're a good boy.  Not intentionally good, but good."

While I was talking to Annika about what strategies she could employ to kick her nail biting habit she said, "I could buy some chocolate bars and nibble on those all day instead of my nails."
I'd say she is her father's daughter.

While reading with Eric he asks, "What's the difference between a flamingo and a Philipino?"

And my favorite.  I asked Dom why he stayed home with me instead of going to watch the Super Bowl.  He stated matter-of-factly, "1. I don't like football. 2. I don't understand football. 3. I don't want to understand it." 



                                 Bizarre pictures of my girls are never discovered on my iPad! 









No comments:

Post a Comment