Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Random Acts of Kindness

Recently, while out and about doing errands, random people have complimented our family.  At times I feel as though I have the words NEED AFFIRMATION stamped on my forehead!

While shopping at TJ Maxx, Nickles was being less than stellar.  I took him aside and stood him about 15 feet away next to a sign while we finished checking out.  After we had paid the checker, a young man about 18-19 years old, he handed me my bag and said, "May your motherhood bless you.  Have a great day!"  I would love to meet his mom!

Another day at Costco, I was loading groceries and kiddos into the car.  Of course, there was the typical amount of bickering and I was struggling to keep my cool.  As I shoved the cart into the cart corral, a man called from his truck window, "Excuse me! Excuse me!"  As I turned toward him he said, "I just wanted to tell you what an awesome mom you are."    

A few days later I found myself at Costco at lunch time.  The kids were grouchy and I needed to be home.  My hairstyle was falling out; the only thing holding it out of my face were my faithful sunglasses.  Herding my kids through the soda line, I felt ready to snap, but smiled anyway.  (Thank you, Jesus, for that grace.)  As we walked away a lady grabbed my arm, "You are an inspiration. You're beautiful and your kids are so well behaved." 
All I could say was, "Thank you.  I needed that."  And that was enough.  Had I said more I probably would have cried, then her entire image would have been destroyed!

There are so many truly good people, yet evil seems to prevail in the news and much of what surrounds us.  Thank you to those of you that brighten my days with your encouragement and smiles!

A girl and her horse ~



Definitely has Nistler blood running through his veins.  
Will fall asleep anywhere, including a flower bed.   



A beautiful evening at the Symphony.
We were able to relax this year ~ Shannon stayed at home with the littles :o)  



When Eric realized the theme of the Symphony was Frank Sinatra this year 
he wondered why he had accompanied the girls!



Does he look smarter??? Hopefully his school work is now a bit easier.



Annika kicked her nail-biting habit so she got a manicure.
While the mani sure looked pretty, her beautiful 
plain nails look even better now that they are longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment