Friday, September 14, 2018

Our Lady of the Rockies

While Maria and her family visited this summer, we zipped down to Our Lady of the Rockies.  Sadly, it's been years since I have been to Butte to visit.  We spent the day learning of the travails the crew forged through in order to bring the statue to the mountains overlooking Butte.  What a die hard group of men! 

As I dropped my daughters off at their apartment a couple weeks ago, it was reassuring to see the statue above the city and a reminder that Our Lady is watching over them as they live away from the protection of home. 


Not the best angle of Mary ~ but all I could do with the enormity of the statue.
~Louie and Nickles~



My three precious daughters ~



I don't even know what to say about this picture ~ 
What a couple of nuts my sons are!



Annika and Isabelle ~



The tour guide kept stating that he had the entire statue in the frame.
I wondered  how that was even possible since I had failed miserably.


No comments:

Post a Comment