Wednesday, September 12, 2018

What Did You Do This Summer?


What did you do this summer?  I always struggle answering that question.  What did we actually do?  Each day is filled to the brim, mostly with hard work, sunshine and water.    

As crazy it may seem, vacation really isn't my thing during the summer months.  After a dreary winter I want to soak up all that Montana has to offer during the summer months, even if it is as simple as our fabulous sunshine!  This summer began with a new raft for momma and I couldn't love it more.  It maneuvers through boulders and rapids with ease, unlike the raft we used in the past which required Herculean strength to get through a set of rapids.  And with me at the oars it was never pretty as we bounced off many a rock. Along with camping and discovering some new places, I felt like summer was a success.....whatever that means!  I hope to hit the river a couple more times in the forthcoming weeks.  We gotta seize any benefits to homeschooling that we can!  

One of my favorite few days of the summer ~
Privileged to watch a friend's nine children.
My kids thought they were in Heaven, as there was always someone fun to play with!



Assembling the boat ~ 



Hiking with my girls near the Canadian border ~





Sometimes it feels as though we are in two different countries :o)



"And these, son, are elk tracks."



Fields and fields of lupines ~



Making cookies with a handful of littles ~
I wouldn't have suggested giving any to the neighbors!



This little guy is getting pretty creative in the kitchen ~



For a couple months I always had a vase full of flowers ~



Okay ~ these two just crack me up ~



A bunch of kiddos waiting for the fireworks to commence ~ 


You hunt the elk, you gotta learn how to serve it.
Backstraps stuffed with onions and jalapenos, then wrapped with bacon.
No one was complaining!



Playing at Grandma's pond ~







A girl evening getting beautified......



.....while the boys camped and ate....what is that?!? Gatorade and cookies??
Leave it to Daddy.



And then it was the girls' time out ~





Huckleberries, huckleberries, huckleberries ~



A hiking adventure with the uncles ~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment