Sunday, January 20, 2019

Happy 11th Birthday Dominic!

Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday, dear Dominic!
Happy birthday to YOU!


Ahhhh ~ it seems like yesterday that I was in labor with you.  There was a lot going on that year, but you were MY biggest event!  My favorite memory, and I know I've told you this many-a-time, but the day after you were born was Sunday.  Following Mass, Aunt Rose and Uncle Steve, along with all their kiddos, came to the hospital to see you...beautiful little you.  All their boys were so big.  As you were handed around the room, I was struck by how tiny your body was compared to how big they all were.  I pray that you grow to be a fantastic young men as they have all grown to be.

Dom, I treasure your hugs and how you're just there many a time when I need a "Thank you" or an "I love you" or a "You're the best."  Keep doing the 'Next right thing' each day.

I love you!

Love,
Mom  xo

If I've published this on your birthday previously, sorry, bud.  
It's still one of my favorites.



You've always been in the thick of whatever the big kids were doing.  
While they may not be included in this shot, they were all there and you were prepping 
to do a flip or imitate something they had just done!



Always an adventure, helping Daddy with some animal retrieval!



You and Dad camped together for a few days, hunting and fishing...
and watching movies and cooking and eating junk food and shooting the breeze.....



You're quite proficient in the kitchen.  
And the once a year that we pull out the deep fryer brings your creativity to life. 
You fried donuts, french fries, apples and pretty much everything else that seemed like it may work.



After swimming in some frigid water ~ attempting to warm up for another dip.



So it would have been a nice picture.



When you and Tristen are together, I rarely see you.
And stretching your wings to peddle down the hill to fish is right up your alley....
biking, fishing, best friend/cousin.



Now you are 11!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment