Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Happy 9th Birthday Nicholas!

Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday, dear Nicholas!
Happy birthday to YOU!


Where do I even begin?  You light up my life....when I'm not pulling out my hair!  Actually, even then you do.  When I found out we were expecting you all those years ago, Grandma D had just passed away.  Daddy and I felt you were a bit of a gift from her.  Despite your struggle to be good, you have such a big heart.  And even when you're naughty, I have to hide my smiles because, well, just because. 

Nickles, your perpetual smile, even when you're knee deep in trouble, warms the whole house.
Keep smiling, keep bringing joy to others, keep encouraging those around you...you do that so well! 

I love you!

Love,
Mom  xo


Always a thumbs-up, you're ready for any adventure.





You were awesome this day...an entire hike with bare feet.



If only I were as confident...you combed your hair, donned an outfit (damn the hole in your pants) and wanted your picture taken.  
You had the entire photo mentally composed, down to where and how you wanted to pose.  



In a pool full of rather unrecognizable bodies, all I need to scan for is a thumbs-up and a smile!



You are always treated rather special by your godparents on your feast day!



Boo ya! Now you are 9!


No comments:

Post a Comment