Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pride ~

Kath and Michaela had a piano recital at a local church last night ~ and the entire family went.  Often Shannon and I will take turns attending the kiddos' events.  Sometimes when the whole crew is somewhere that we are supposed to be quiet and respectful I am a nervous wreck.  Other times they are all being so cherubic I should know something is bound to happen soon.  But I sit there, blissfully unaware.  We were all lined up in our pew last night and I couldn't help but think how perfect my kids are...my girls played perfectly...the boys were listening perfectly to the other students, even Dominic was quiet, kneeling perfectly with his head in his head in his hands.  "Oh, there is hope, he knows we are in church and he is kneeling down.  I am so blessed, my family is so perfect!"  Then, he raised his head.  He hadn't been piously kneeling there, he had been drawing on his face with a pen he'd discovered. 
Relating the story later to Shannon he mentioned that possibly, just possibly, when I am beginning to feel an overabundance of pride I should begin praying......hard! 

They did play beautifully, they practiced ALL the time and we are proud of them....in a good way.





And this one ~ his fingers are flying....baby genius, that's what he is.




No comments:

Post a Comment