Monday, July 11, 2011

Boys

Little boys crack me up ~ big boys do as well, but little boys think of the darndest things!  Actually, now that I am actually thinking about it, males in general, amuse me.  Shannon can get me laughing over the dumbest things. It must be because I am not male and their brains just fascinate me....or frustrate me, depending on the moment. 

Today, I had Eric & Joshie "working on the car."  That's what I told them anyway.  They got to use the mechanic's dolly to slide under the suburban and had a plethora of tools for their assignment.


Of course swimming goggles were necessary for this particular chore, as they kept getting dirt in their eyes...but then the swimming goggles were so scratched that they needed a headlight to brighten up their workspace.  I took the pic five minutes too soon.  They can be so creative.  When they are given a challenge they always rise up to meet it. Sometimes it is as simple as finding something to keep dirt out of their face! 

But why do they make so many different noises, like jets and dinosaurs and racecars?  Why?  Upon sneaking outside to check on Eric's powerwashing job I overheard him narrating the sudden bursts of water he is shooting at the concrete. "And here comes Jeff Gordon into corner one, now corner two, three, four.  He is smokin' up the track.  Rrrrrrrrr....Vrooooooom....he passes Jimmy Johnson.  Here's the checkered flag, is Gordon going to finally win a race?  It looks like it!  (Power washer going full out with accompanying vocal effects...I couldn't make those noises if I tried!) 
I interrupted him. I should have waited to find out, for Shannon's sake, if Jeff Gordon actually pulled it off! 

Then there was the three-year-old that left the toilet seat in, like, eight pieces.  Who knew that a toilet seat had that many parts?  And he was proud of the job he did, didn't even try to blame it on someone else when I was tearing around the house looking for the culprit.  Nope, he owned right up to it, "Me, Mom, it was me.  I had a scwewdwiver."  Because when a boy has a tool he must find something to use it on.  Thank heavens he didn't use it on the vacuum cleaner!  I can fix toilet seats. 

Even the youngest among us just thinks differently.  He disappeared at a family dinner the other night accompanied by his younger cousin, naturally another boy.  By the time we found them they had discovered how the hose bib worked. 







They say boys and girls are the same.  I beg to differ.  Here is what my girl was doing this afternoon. 


Say what you may, they just ain't the same!  

No comments:

Post a Comment