Thursday, July 21, 2011

It Could Be Worse

Today was a glorious day...one with beautiful weather, in which we accomplished a lot (always a main component in a perfect day for me) and we had some super relaxing time as a family at the end of the day. 


But then in the middle, to mess up an otherwise spectacular day, I had to say something really dumb to someone who is suffering greatly and it is weighing on me heavily. 

"It could be worse." 

Okay, when someone is in the midst of suffering nothing is worse than what they are going through at that very moment.  They just need to be heard and loved ~ someone with whom to share their suffering, to lighten their load. 
I resolve from here forward to never say that to anyone again...unless, of course, it is to one of my children when they are complaining about dinner! 

We were able to go to the lake with friends this week.  It was a bit windy, but the kiddos didn't seem to mind.  I am always in search of  the "perfect" weather I remember from way back in the day.  Now I know it was never perfect ~ it was just how one views life as a child ~ every day was a clean slate, ready to be scribbled all over....darn the torpedos. 



Every day a new fish (or six) is waiting to be caught...




...or a frog...Nickles finally overcame his fear of the little guy hopping around and grabbed it...




....and held on...



...this guy, well he never had any fear...I'm talkin' about the kid...I'm pretty sure the frogs are a-feared!
But the look on Joshie's face, one would think he just wrestled an alligator out of the pond. 



But the look on Nickle's face, "Grandma, you're the best."  He may have been checking out her glasses, but hey, it looks good.
Maybe I should wear my glasses on top of my head more often. 



Does life get any better than summer time?  I submit that it does not!  



No comments:

Post a Comment