Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Country Creativity

My boys run a trap line in the garage.  It is only for mice, but it is an important job when one lives in the country and does not have a cat around!  Eric & Joshie ensure that nary a mouse is seen unless, well, unless it's dead.  

For that I am grateful.

Over the winter a packrat moved into our shed.  Now if you are a member of PETA or have any sort of affinity for rodents of any ilk....STOP READING!

My boys decided ridding us of this packrat was their mission.  Every morning this past week they emptied the shed in search of the creature, but thus far it eluded them.  This morning they spotted him and promptly put him out of his our misery.  

Of course, we are assuming it was a male.

Now, that wouldn't have been so bad.  But I was returning home from a short errand when I see my wonderful, emotional, caring son racing down the road on his bike trailed by a long string and the rat bouncing behind him.  
The rat was dead so I wasn't too concerned with abuse or anything, but WHAT inspires this sort of behavior?  

I don't get it.  

Then it got worse.  

While glancing out the the window to check on the cherubs I could see (what the heck???) a pack rat tied in a tree and spray painted red.  

Apparently, it was bear bait.

And what they would have done if a bear arrived I am certain they had NO idea.  
It's at moments like these that I breathe a sigh of relief that we don't live in town!

We did spend the afternoon park hopping ~ the next few days are supposed to be cold so we soaked up the sunshine!


Chasing seagulls





It takes a real man to pull off pink sunglasses ~



No comments:

Post a Comment