Friday, December 14, 2012

Skipping Christmas

My Grandma sent this book to me several years ago right in the middle of December for no other reason than just because. Of course I read it.  Every book she gave me I have enjoyed...maybe because she gave them to me and maybe because they were really good or maybe a little bit of both.  Besides the fact that this book was a gift from Grandma, I love it because it completely describes my sentiments about what is wrong with Christmas today, even what may be amiss in my heart during the Advent and Christmas season!

My kiddos dug it out of the Christmas boxes before we even began decorating and propped it on my pillow.  They know reading it is an annual event for me.  I suspect they may have earned a straw for the manger for this act of kindness.  I can't wait to snuggle into bed tonight to read it...maybe I can convince Shannon I am exhausted and need to go to bed early.

Grandma, you will be remembered for your little acts of kindness and how you treated each of us  like we were your favorite.
However, I know I was your favorite ~;o)





No comments:

Post a Comment