Thursday, April 24, 2014

He's Cute

When random strangers, or friends for that matter, comment on how cute Max is, it is almost impossible to answer in a gracious manner.  It slips off my lips before I can even stop it, "I know."  Prior to his arrival, there were many concerns and some of those would affect his appearance.  This scared the heck out of me.  What would I think of a baby that may look less than perfect?  Would I be able to love him for the creation that he was?  Would I cry when I looked into his little face for the first time?  These thoughts tumbled through my mind for four months.

Then he arrived and his face, his eyes, his screaming lungs totally filled my heart with joy.  I was prepared to accept whatever gift God placed in our life, but Max's perfection was almost too much.  I spent the first few months of his life sitting on the couch staring at him, wondering why I had been given such a perfect miracle.
I will never know the answer to that question.
But I do know one thing.
He's pretty darn cute!

Max will stare in the mirror til "the other baby" smiles, 
then he's all friendly.
Some days there can be quite a stare-down as he watches himself.



The little prince has taken our bed over ~



He loves his little monkey Daddy bought for him ~



1 comment:

  1. He's so adorable! I can't wait to meet him this summer! I think he looks like a cross between Dominic and Nicholas - so cute!

    ReplyDelete