Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October Funnies

This month has been a bit of a downer.  The days are shorter, as well as my temper.  School for all the kiddos, including Michaela, has been stressful.
Suffice to say, funny has been difficult to find lately.  I did take a slow week in the education department and cleaned out several closets and the storage room.  That definitely lifted my spirits, although Shannon wasn't so certain!

But for what it's worth, here are a few funnies...and they're all Nickles.  The rest of the kiddos were avoiding me like the plague ~:o(


We have developed a bad habit of using the word hate.  So, a rule was made that whoever used the word would receive a spoon of Tabasco.  Nickles was the first to test the rule when, in the middle of being punished for something else, informed me that he hated me.  After a little dose of hot sauce, he decided he liked me again.  Not five minutes later I was dishing up soup for lunch when Nickles pipes up, "Oh yuck!  I weally, weally hate that soup!"
As I calmly turned to reach for the Tabasco, he exclaimed, "No! I weally, weally love this soup! It is so yum!"
Quick learner, that kid.

Nicholas is the self appointed executive officer in he family.  We'll be eating dinner and Shannon will ask someone to pass him a food item.  Nickles will bark from his corner next to Daddy, "Eric! Pass Dad the potatoes!"  
Shannon was calling everyone in for bedtime prayers last night. Nickles walks into a bedroom and sharply informed Dom that it was prayers. Get in the living room.  And make it snappy.  
When Shannon asked Nickles if he was the ex-o, he replied, "Yep, I am."  
He takes his job very seriously, ensuring everyone knows where they're supposed to be and when. I cannot believe a four-year-old has taken control of our household.

Nicholas, (again) "Dad, womens don't eat people."
Daddy disagreed




Even the doll sleeps with one eye open with this kid!



Maximo and his trail of destruction ~



This was funny.  Hilarious actually.  
Nickles was complaining that Daddy said he looked like a q-tip 
because his hair was so long and fuzzy. 
"Please cut my hair, Mommy." 
It was the middle of the school day and after what seemed to be the 
millionth time of him asking for a haircut I snapped.  
"Take care of it yourself, Nickles.  Mommy doesn't have time right now."
So he did.  

Ta-da!

That was one way to get Mom to cut his hair quick, fast, 
and before child social services showed up!



Shortly after this picture was taken Dominic joined Nickles in the
pumpkin crates in search of some decent pumpkins.  The two boys began heaping 
the bad pumpkins in a pile, scavenging for the perfect ones.  
I tried to hurry them along before we were kicked out of Walmart.
That would be the ultimate in humiliation....being asked to leave Walmart.  



~ Cheers to a more peaceful November ~ 

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are marvelous! I am sure you don't always feel it, but you are! Thanks for the funnies, and especially the picture of the hair cut, or lack of it. I pray for you and your November, too! loveyoumeanit....

    ReplyDelete