Sunday, October 26, 2014

New Land

A couple months ago, Shannon and I made an offer on a piece of property.  It is beautiful.  It is gorgeous. It is everything I have ever dreamed about.
But buying it means we need to sell our house plus a few more steps before we can build a new house.  Frankly, I'm terrified.  Okay, that's probably a bit strong.  Slightly stressed is an understatement, so somewhere in the middle is where I'll need to settle, but I'm not sure what that middle is.  Shannon mentioned selling everything and moving to a tropical island this morning and I almost jumped at the suggestion!

We visit the property a couple times a week.  Watching the boys, and Annika too, fly over the cattle paths crisscrossing the pastures leaves every cell in me smiling.  One of the concerns the kiddos had when we talked about moving was leaving our rock forts behind.  As providence would have it, there are several rocks forts on the new property as well.  A creek completes the land with so many places to build dams and forts the kids aren't sure where to begin.

Like Shannon says, I'll need to just relax, but that is often easier said than done!  I wish the transition was immediate, but all good things come with a cost.  The end result is going to be an amazing home for our family.  I need to pray for a relaxed attitude and trust that all will fall into place.
St. Joseph, pray for us!




















4 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful piece of land!! Paul and I have dreams of someday building on one of the lots further down the road - we'll see!! I'll be praying that the right buyer comes along for your house quickly so you guys can get started with building!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Is it closer into town or where? House building is so fun....truly, I pray for smooth sailing for you guys! And I'm counting down for the funnies - plus Halloween pictures? I need to hit the store to get ingredients for Grandma's pumpkin pie for Friday. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! Where is this from where you live now? Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori & Marissa ~ it is down the Pass from us, down the road from Mom and Dad's and bordered by Aunt Rose and Uncle Steve. We certainly aren't going far.....perhaps we should consider the island move seriously ~:o)

    ReplyDelete