Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Funnies

During a picnic with my boys they were climbing all over some rocks playing king of the mountain. They were taking turns naming which god they were pretending to be.  After listening to his older brothers for a while, Nickles pipes up, "I'm Jesus."
They immediately responded that he couldn't be Jesus because Jesus is God.
Nickles said, "Yeah, well, that's why I'm Jesus."

Nickles just came in from outside with pockets filled with rocks.  He tried to bargain with me, attempting to exchange the pretty rocks (which weren't all that unique from ordinary gravel) for a dinner of hot dogs roasted over a fire.  Sorry, Bud, you'll be enjoying your spaghetti and salad.

We listened to a Fr. Michael Schmitz CD the other day called The Four Last Things.  On the CD he relates a rather disgusting story from his childhood about cottage cheese.  Now my kiddos typically really, really enjoy cottage cheese, especially with spaghetti.  Imagine my surprise when a 16-ounce container was all we used the other night for dinner.  That poor little tub traversed the table, each child declining and passing it along.  I figured out what had happened rather quickly, but it was pretty funny. 

I was taking a nap one Sunday in anticipation of a super busy Monday.  All the older kids left, as well as Shannon. Max was napping as well, so Shannon left Annika, Dom and Nickles watching a movie with the instructions to wake me if they needed me.  It was snowing that day, so the three kept making snow cones with syrup; they never needed me enough to wake me. That would have interrupted their fun. Nickles informed me that snow is "U-lishus!" 
Shoe leather would be delicious soaked in maple syrup, dude!

This next one I probably shouldn't make too public.  However, I want to remember it in the years ahead and this is my journal.  If you're easily offended, click off now :o)

Due to the craziness surrounding Max's birth, he wasn't circumcised when he was born, so to make a long story short, he was circumcised Monday.  It was a complicated day because we wanted an MRI done as well and he required general anesthesia for both procedures.  When we finally made it home everyone was excited to see their little brother.  Nickles was particularly fascinated with the bandages and monitor stickers still attached to Max.  I was in another room when Nickles came flying in, "MOM!!! Dom said that Maximo had some skin cut off his_______!"

"Yes, that's what happened.  You had the same thing when you were a baby."

"Then why is the band-aid on his FOOT?!?"

That kid never fails to make me laugh.
 

Hmm ~ this looks interesting.



Just like Daddy ~





"Wooohooo!"
Who knew soaking your feet was so fun?



Then he got wild and we had to take his bowl away.




My favorite picture from the past few months ~
The two that pretty much fight constantly ~
Proof positive that they do love one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment