Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter

Easter was fast and furious.  Miraculously, our crown of thorns was emptied of "thorns" before Good Friday, but some days I was sure it was growing more.  
An inspiring moment for me was having several of the kiddos confide that Christmas isn't their favorite holiday ~ it is Easter.  
Mine too ~ but, shhhh, don't tell anyone!  Perhaps Lent is less chaotic than Advent, thus allowing more time for prayer, and hence, a peaceful heart.  
Maybe I need to refocus this December and make Christmas my favorite this year!
   

Theda placing sweet crosses on the hot cross buns ~



The decorating begins ~





Max was into the eggs ~ and he didn't need a spoon!







The egg decorating contest winners!




Helping Katherine with the Easter baking ~
I didn't bake a single thing for Easter breakfast....it was kinda weird!



Do you remember wearing rollers back in the day, Maria?  
Annika's hair reminded me of those days.



Anticipation ~



Happy despite the chilly day ~



Now what bunny would hide a basket for a girl in such an awkward spot??



This bunny :o) 



Do these two look up to something?



The only picture of Nickles and he looks like a goofball!



My pretty little Annika ~ I have no idea where my two other daughters were!



I'm not sure you found enough eggs, Joshie!



Gramps teaching Max all about selfies ~



After dinner the boys had so much energy that Shannon let them fill up the tub. 
They thought it was great fun, til buckets of cold water rained down from the deck.
Daddies can be such turkeys!

















I love all their faces ~ and only one thinks fast enough to bail out!


One of our Easter projects sprouted a week late, 
but it's looking pretty and reminding us what Jesus did for us in these days following Easter.










1 comment:

  1. Thanks, cous' - what a great update! Happy Easter! I'm amazed you wore white for Easter egg coloring with Max in your lap - brave woman. Hope you haven't tired of egg salad sandwiches yet.

    ReplyDelete