Friday, May 15, 2015

Doing Nothin'

I have a horrid habit.  When asked what I'm up to I typically reply, "Oh nothin.'"
This has landed me in some tight spots over the years.  "Great!  Then you'll be able to fill in the blank tomorrow."

Um, no, probably not.

Alrighty ~ let me be more specific.  When I say I'm "doing nothin'" I mean that I'm not going sky diving, am not leaving for vacation, will not be going on a whitewater rafting trip, and will probably not be scaling Mount Everest.  That being said, I'm certainly doing something.  This past week after catching myself stating that I was "doin' nothin'" I actually tracked what I DID do on a given day. Here is what "nothin'" looks like ~
A couple hours of business paperwork, five loads of laundry, planting flowers, instructing my boys as they prepared some trees for transplanting into our rental units in town, painting and preparation of a rental unit for a new tenant, dropping tools off for Shannon, picking up a last minute item for Annika before she goes on a trip, visiting with Max's neurologist and pediatrician, and baking a few loaves of bread for snacks.  Of course we still needed to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and keep the house relatively clean.  And did I mention that we also had schoolwork that day?
And this week "nothin'" was repainting the interior of our house, all the while continuing homeschooling as well as the normal stuff that goes into a family.  As a side note, I had no idea our house was so filthy.  I'm realizing the benefit of moving every couple years, if for no other reason than to escape the dirt that accumulates unnoticed.

The next time someone asks me what I'm doing I need to be more honest with myself and them.  Plain and simple, we've got a lot going on!
You could bring me a coffee if you want though.....make it a triple shot of espresso!


Even the youngest is doing something ~




1 comment:

  1. Boy - doing nothing seems like a dream...and I don't have to juggle nearly so long a list of to-dos! I hope spring is blooming beautifully up there. God bless!

    ReplyDelete