Thursday, September 3, 2015

Last Days of Summer

It always seems like our summers end in a flurry.  Suddenly, I can feel fall in the air and want to cram as much as possible into any given day.  We hardly did anything exciting this summer, but with Michaela leaving this year, we had to fit in a couple extra things before she left.  



There's always days at Grandma' pond
and this kid is catching up to Joshie as a professional animal catcher.  



Max loves the water.
Actually, he loves throwing stuff in the water.



Hanging out and drying off ~



"Hmmmm, I'd really like to get in on the action......"



Steven dropped by to take the girls for a ride in his car,
but it broke down before they could leave the driveway.
This was after I lectured him about driving too fast with my girls.
I guess I shouldn't have been so worried.



Brothers ~



A born teacher, Katherine is.



Michaela loved A & P, especially the dissections, so she 
had a little class on dissecting a brain, heart and eyeball.
Gag a little bit.



Kolby and Joshie visited our burn pile only to find treasures that Shannon had discarded, 
but they transformed into a chair.



Two little turkeys ~



I still can't figure out what this was about ~



They were super-excited about making ice cream, 
until they realized it took longer than 3.5 minutes.
Their enthusiasm petered out quickly.



While heading out for a hike, Kath kept warning us that we should have brought bear spray.
I reassured her we wouldn't even see a bear.
I was wrong.
I will never live that one down.



Hiking to Lodgepole Creek Falls



We should have brought rappelling equipment.





The girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment