Monday, November 2, 2015

Funnies

While folding laundry in the mudroom, I heard Nickles spill a jar of beads in the kitchen.  After the last one stopped bouncing I told him to pick them all up.  
Peeking around the corner, "HOW did YOU know, Mom?" 
"Wellllll, other than the fact that the beads sounded like a machine gun as they scattered to every corner of the dining room, it was just a lucky guess." 

Dom kept bursting out laughing during science the other day.  I was getting slightly annoyed and asked him what was so darn funny.  We were studying nutrition and he thought every time I said fatty acids that I was saying fatty asses.  Good heavens.

Nickles didn't want to do his school work, but I told him that all he'd been doing was laying around in his room that day. 
"No, I haven't, Mom.  I've been laying around in your room."

Kath has a lead foot, which we have discovered since she has acquired her learner's permit. As she was flying down the highway at 80 mph this morning I told her to slow down.  
"Mom, I had it at 75."
"Well, the speed limit is 70."
She reluctantly slowed down.  Nistler blood, I'm tellin' ya. This is the same daughter that 15 minutes after obtaining her permit, she gunned the car to make it through a yellow light before it turned red.  
Ugh. What have I taught her? 

Walking into the kitchen, Nickles states to any listening audience, "Chop. Chop. Hubba. Hubba."  
I'm afraid he was referring to breakfast and was addressing me. 

Michaela had to visit the judge due to a little accident she had before school began. "Mom, how long will it take in court? A couple hours?"
Annika interjected, "Nah, not that long.  I've been there."
Unfortunately, I drug all my littles into court last year to argue a speeding ticket, and Annika knew exactly how traffic court worked.

During reading last week, Dom asked, "Mom, will we ever go to the Dead Sea? Because if we do, it will be awesome.  We can float and read the comics." 
Important stuff....those Sunday comics.

As I type this my boys are all out bee-lining. Look it up.  A great way to keep a kid, or several, busy for a mighty long time.  

Nicholas during a car conversation, "You remember that weawy, weawy ashum, ashum day in the winter, Mom, you know the one....the ashum, ashum time when we put our shoes out and then that guy, you know the guy, Francis Joseph, he comes and puts golden coins in our shoes, but they're not weawy gold, they're weawy chocolate, and it's just totally ashum.  You know that day, Mom? I can't wait for that day."   
You know what's totally not awesome? The fact that "that day" is Nicholas' feast day and he doesn't know the name of the saint whose feast we're celebrating. You know......St. Nicholas?!? 

I heard the toilet lid slam shut, then Max emerged from the bathroom, hands dripping, and Daddy's toothbrush in his mouth.  Aside from gagging a little bit, the question is this....do I tell Shannon or not?

Dom, walking through the kitchen chewing something and carrying a couple gallons of paint, "Whew! These Snickers bars sure have a lot of protein.  I feel so strong!" 
And you are your father's son.  

One Sunday I left for Mass with the kids, but had fried bacon for some egg sandwiches when we returned.  Knowing that a plate of bacon sitting on the counter lasts about 10.4 seconds, I stashed it quickly in a cupboard. Shannon arrived home from hunting shortly thereafter to the smell of bacon, which is synonymous with Heaven. But he couldn't find the bacon anywhere. Then, he opened up a cupboard to get a plate for his toast and he thought he'd hit the jackpot! 
Bacon....and no one around to share it with! 
Apparently, he had his fill, then he left for a later Mass.  
I arrived home and immediately noticed the plate was much emptier than I had left it.  I flashed hot, til Shannon called.  We both had a good laugh ~ he thought rays of light had shone down from the heavens on that single plate heaped with bacon tucked away in the cupboard and simply couldn't help himself.  Or rather, he did help himself!


Max likes to drink his water like a puppy ~ fresh rain captured on his trike ~



Max's new gramma blankie ~
An early birthday present.



An extra special surprise ~ Auntie Margaret is staying in Montana for a month. 
Nickles couldn't be happier ~ a cousin just his age!

1 comment:

  1. I love your funnies! Any luck with the bee-lining? Do you have hives? I don't, but I do have hive-envy.

    Also, I think that somewhere down the line, the lead foot may be a Dieringer trait - not sure if your mom is like mine, but phew! I inherited it, too! Hope you had a fun Halloween.

    ReplyDelete