Thursday, April 7, 2016

March Funnies

Grandma was leaving the house after helping out. Nickles states, "I'm not a rock star, but Grandma sure is!"

Eric states, "Mom, why do eggs symbolize new life?  Rabbits should.  They reproduce and have new life very quickly."

Asked why he was wearing Katherine's cowboy boots to town, Nickles replied, "I couldn't find my shoes.  Lightening must have struck them."

Neal, a man that works for Shannon was installing a dishwasher and was a bit frustrated, mumbling under his breath.  Nickles admonished him saying, "Stop saying 'shoot'.  You will be a sinner!"
And the funny thing is, 'shoot' was all Neal was saying!

Eric was trying to photobomb while I was taking a picture of Annika.  The last couple months he has tended towards vanity and seems to think that his face will make any photo awesome.  I told him that he wasn't as handsome as he thought he was.
He retorted, "Well, that's not what all the girls say."
Overhearing the conversation Shannon said, "Eric, one of the first lessons in life is, 'Don't believe everything a female tells you.'"

April Fools Day has been less than productive around here.  Eric changed the language on my phone to Chinese, but then couldn't remember how to change it back to English.  I was super impressed.  Then, Nickles, my little six-year-old, got into the game, placing a glass of marbles on top of the refrigerator door so when the door was opened marbles scattered all over the kitchen.  He learned that one from his brother who used a cup of water on him.  Not my favorite day!

I asked Nickles why he hadn't made his bed like I asked him to.  He replied, "You must have dreamed it, Mom."
Never before have I felt as though I was living in a Calvin & Hobbes comic strip.


"Yes, Iceman, I am dangerous."



Max is supposed to be eating, but he has, yet again, turned the tables.



A little after dinner craziness ~



Hangin' with the girls ~



Breakfast of champions ~



Scattering dirt and vacuuming it up ~
all.day.long.



Max stole these boots from a friend that was visiting.
How he could walk in these clods is beyond me!


No comments:

Post a Comment