Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Beach

Joey got a wild hair a month or so ago and asked if we would want to go to the beach for a week.  I was in the middle of book work that I had procrastinated on, so he definitely tempted me in a weak moment. Anyway, after a day or so of figuring out logistics we had a house rented and a super fast vacation planned.  We spent a week in Gearhart, OR simply chilling.

There is something about the ocean that calms my frazzled spirit.  As the waves smooth the shoreline and create a fresh palette each day, my silly daily concerns seem so paltry.  The continual pounding of the waves in the background drowns out the noise of negative information that tends to draw my attention.
Ahhhhh ~ and the smells.
I like the smell of the ocean....the salty air, the fishiness, the wet dune grasses in the morning.

The week refreshed me and filled my heart with memories.

  
The tree farms in Washington ~



Heading to the beach ~


Fort Stevens ~



Sand in our toes ~


Sweet little Lauryn ~


More Fort Stevens ~
the boys could have spent the day playing in the bunkers.








Exploring Haystack Rock ~
I think we'll skip this next time in favor of finding our own rocks to explore.





The wind blowing my hair helter skelter doesn't bother me here!



Cannon Beach ~




Blue eyed babe ~
I think she was over being in the pack!



Sunshine and salt water ~



Despite the weather being less than toasty,
we couldn't keep the kids out of the water.







Never enough sand ~





Go fly a  kite ~



Warming up next to a log ~





On a mission ~



One hundred games of Monopoly ~



There's always one sucker that will be buried in sand ~


Bubbles on the deck ~


I can never get enough of the beach colors, especially when there's blue sky. 



All of us ~



Reading on the steps ~



Even a few elk to entertain my Montana guys ~



Too many sand dollars???
There's never too many sand dollars!



Just chillin' ~



Real life family photos ~



Sunshine in the morning ~



Did we say there's never enough sand dollars??



My favorite and I ~

        

No comments:

Post a Comment