Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ski Days

Dom learned how to ski this week!

Monday morning I headed up to Discovery with everyone but Nickles with grand hopes of everyone skiing at the same level they were last winter...you know, like 10 months ago.  Oh, how quickly my hopes were dashed. Annika had forgotten nearly everything it seemed, and Dom, well that child had no intention of actually listening to his mother teach him anything.  This shouldn't have been a big surprise, but I have a tendency to build white picket fences that come crashing down when reality strikes!
After everyone else was off to their lessons, Dom was arguing with me about actually having to stand up. If one has ever tried learning how to ski sitting down, suffice to say it doesn't work so swell.  He was cold at this point, so we headed into the lodge where I discovered no one else had signed up for their Kinderski program  for the day.   For what seemed a minuscule amount of money he had private lessons for the day ~ my sanity was saved and he learned how to ski by lunch time ~ Woooohooo!  I even got a couple of runs in with my brother!
Skiing is such a good break for us during the winter, no phones, no school, nothin'.  
The smell of the spruce trees combined with the coolness of the air is absolutely mind clearing for me.  And the cheese fries at lunch ~ need I say more?  Our next ski day will not come soon enough.


There is some slope to this hill!



Skiing is so much better with a cute chic ~



Dom telling lies stories about his wild morning



1 comment: