Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lamp of the Soul

When we were young and Mom was still cutting our hair she would tell us that the eyes were the lamp of the soul.  I believe this was while she was evening up our bangs to about, oh, an eighth of an inch long.  She had to come up with something that would make us feel better about our total lack of fashion ~:o)
Not that I had, or have, any desire to be on the cutting edge of fashion.  It just would have been nice to curl my bangs occasionally without burning my forehead while using the 1/4" barrel.

I do jest.

So, I went to get my hair trimmed today.
Trimmed being the operative word.
Since then I have told myself at least 465,234 times that the eyes are the lamp of the soul...the eyes are the lamp of the soul, the eyes......

The stylist "trimmed" my hair so short that all you can see are eyes...and from the back...my fat neck.  Shannon told me there are worse tragedies but I am not so sure.  It's going to be me and a hat from now til Christmas!


The animal man



Neighborhood pig roast ~
Shannon is acting interested so he can be first in line ~:o)



My boys and Halle Jo



Fall swim



Sasquatch...or at least Dom's depiction!







No comments:

Post a Comment