Thursday, May 2, 2013

Funny Stuff

Yesterday was nuts ~ there was a million things on my to-do list and I checked them all off.  Of course not without several people mentioning while I was running (really just walking quickly) through stores that I seemed to be in an awful hurry.  It's on those days that the kids say the funniest things, kinda brings me down to earth that there is more to life than accomplishments.

We watched a movie about St. Barbara a couple nights ago. Since the movie was in Italian with subtitles....now I'm realizing why it didn't hold Dom's attention as he can't read yet.....Annika decided she wanted to learn Italian and go to Rome someday.  It probably had something to do with the fact that the character that played Barbara was beautiful! As it so often happens in this house, I missed explaining the movie subject matter, like the era, characters, etc.
As we were driving through town she stated matter-of-factly, "I want to learn Italian still but I am NOT going to Rome.  They kill Christians there. And we are Christians."

So, I had the opportunity to explain the movie to her.

Later, Eric, looking at his watch states out-of-the-clear-blue-sky, "In 3 hours 20 minutes it will be 24 hours."

"24 hours from what?" I asked.

"24 hours from some time last night."

He has always been a bit of a time man, but that was a totally new one!


The following pictures are from a week ago.  The best trips to town are the days we make time to go to the park.  Really, how important are groceries anyway???




Mags, you would have died!
The seagulls were swooping all around us to catch the bread as the kids threw it to them!



The rocket was barred, but that didn't stop Dom 
from squeezing through to climb to the top ~



Swings in the spring ~



Quick! Take the picture, Mom!



Big sis always figures something exciting out.



No comments:

Post a Comment