Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Funnies ~

As a child we would fight over the Sunday "Funnies."  It doesn't seem as though the comics are quite as hilarious as they were then.  Now we have children....who needs the Funnies?!?


Watching a movie with the kiddos, a character says, "This way's north, the sun sets in the south."
While everyone else laughs, Eric remains silent.  A minute later he pipes up, "That's not right!"

While I was changing Max's diaper in the bathroom one morning, Nickles hurdles in, slamming the door open and the toilet lid up. "Hi Mom."
I respond, "Hey Nickles."  
"No, Mom, you need to say, 'Good morning, Nicholas.'" 

Annika was telling Shan about choir, or more specifically the people at choir.  "And Christian.....sometimes we exchange glances."  
Shannon about choked on his sandwich, "At least they aren't exchanging phone numbers."  

While checking on a neighbor's house and taking some pictures I set off their alarm.  Believing it was disarmed, I proceeded to take the pictures while Kath snuggled with Max.  Suddenly, Katherine  mentions someone at the door.  
"It's the police isn't it?" I asked her.
Indeed it was.  Imagine my surprise when upon opening the door I was facing two assault rifles.  Little bit of overkill in my opinion.  We had even left our boots on the front porch.  
"Yes, officer, we're breaking and entering, but didn't want to get the floors dirty.'"  

Annika was pulling on ski boots and talking to herself, "Annika Bell is feeling confident today.  It should be a good run for her down the slopes.  It's blue skies....." 
My future Olympian...Annika Bell....it has a nice ring to it ~:o)


Cards & cookies with my littlest angel ~



The local wildlife ~




My most photogenic daughter ~



M's favorite cousin ~ he's so cute
and graceful!



Captain America ~



The Olympics ~
you should see the jumps the kids are attempting in the yard now ~
ugh


1 comment:

  1. What fun! The funnies were coveted in our house, too. There isn't even paper delivery in our area, nor a brood of kids to amuse us. Guess we need to come up for some first class funnies! loveyoumeanit...

    ReplyDelete