Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Katherine ~ You're the Bomb!

Yesterday was a ski day.  Nicholas still needs a bit of help on the ski hill, so while I sat in the lodge with Maximo, I let Kath skip her lesson so she and Grandma could ski with Nickles all the morning.  At lunch he was doing so well with Kath that she agreed to teach him for the afternoon as well.

So I must confess, my kids seem to fight amongst one another a lot.  It drives me cra.a.a.zy.  It's probably why Shannon thinks I belong in Warm Springs some days!  Alright, most days.  Witnessing two of my kiddos enjoy one another so completely did my heart good.  Watching them hop on the chairlift did my heart no favors, though!  Once, as I watched helplessly from the lodge, Nickles lost a ski.  Luckily, it was tethered to his other ski.  Seeing it swing back and forth wildly, all I could picture was the extra weight on one leg tipping him off the chair.  Kath had it all under control, grabbing it with the tip of her ski and pulling all back onto the chair.

I would watch as each time they came zippin' into the lift to make another run, but one time it seemed as though they had been on the hill for ages.  At last a black coat and white helmet appeared, but it was holding a little boy instead of skiing behind him.  Katherine came flying up to the lodge carrying one tuckered out little 4-year-old!


Grandma & Nickles



The servant ~ 



Kath had it handled, but oof ~ I struggled not being in control!



Waiting for the troops to ski in ~

 

"Katherine, you're the BOMB!"


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Kath might have herself a job as a ski instructor. All our potential snows have left us high and dry - we're hurting for snow to ski on. Wish I was there to ski with you guys! loveyoumeanit...

    ReplyDelete