Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

It's still Thanksgiving weekend, so it's not too late to write about it, right?
Frankly, on Thanksgiving I was simply not feeling thankful...not one bit.
Logically, there is much to be grateful for. God has been generous.  But I was, and probably still am a little bit, angry with Him.  With Theresa not feeling too hot, everything good surrounding us paled.  Why would God allow such a thing to happen?  I don't know, and probably never will, why bad things happen to good people.  I must just let it go and trust in Him that everything, everything, is for His glory.  As I watch Theresa, her grace throughout her suffering, I am blessed.  What good will come is anyone's guess, but she has not wasted it.  It has been united to Him and He will use it, that is certain.
Theresa, thank you.  Thank you for the gift of you.
A sign over a friend's kitchen sink said it best, "In Everything Give Thanks."

Everything.

Today, I will give thanks.  Even for the diaper that is screaming to be changed.  And the floor that needs to be wiped.  The laundry that must be folded.  The dirty dishes that seemingly multiply in the sink.  The stains on the carpet.

Everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment