Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Daddy of the Year

Last night Shannon earned the Daddy of the Year Award.  All day I had been feeling a bit off, but I just chalked it up to eating something that didn't totally agree with me.  After dinner and sending our old piano to a new home, we settled in with the kids, talking about the day's events in Boston.  Times like that bring up a lot of questions in a kid's mind.  So after chatting about the evils in the world we were ready to head for bed.

Then Annika got sick.

Then I got sick.

During the span of the next six hours most everyone else followed suit.  Daddy, being the only one not sick and me worthless in those situations anyway, cleaned up beds, bathrooms, and sick bowls.  I couldn't help but feel indebted to him.  What a servant all through the night, then early this morning he headed for work to continue serving.  Although, maybe that was a way to escape the chaos at home!

Anyway, if there was ever an evening that made me realize what that man sacrifices for us, it was last night!

Thank you, Shannon!


"Tattooing" his kiddos for their pirate play







1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I log on to your new stuff regularly.
    Your humoristic style is witty, keep doing what you're doing!

    Also visit my blog post - acute tonsilitispharyngitis

    ReplyDelete