Monday, April 15, 2013

Dom & Nickles

I have two sons....actually I have four....but the younger set is who this is about.  In so many ways they are complete opposites.  One is just fine with everyone doing absolutely everything for him.  The other, well, he would prefer to do everything himself.  I believe he would drive himself to town given the opportunity.
The other day was a glaring example of their differences.  All day, Dom had been begging for something sweet.

"Can I have some chocwat milk?  It's not Went anymore, so we can have sweets now."

He received a "No" answer enough so he changed his tactic.



"Mom, Daddy weally wikes bwownies and he would weally wike some in his wunch tomorrow, so can I make bwownies?"

How can a mother wife argue with that?

We made brownies and frosted them with...hold on, hold on......we frosted them with Jet Puff, then drizzled them with melted peanut butter.  They were very tasty, as Dom said.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the chocolate milk probably would have been the healthier choice.




Fast forward to dinner ~ Nickles loves green beans, asparagus, avocado, spinach, apples...healthy stuff.  He is not the one I find in the kitchen stirring sugar into his glass of water, maybe sneaking strawberries or carrots, but he is not a sugar baby.  
Nicholas kept asking for more "beans" so he and Daddy could have bean-eating contests.  It was actually roasted asparagus, but who cares, he gobbled through a pile of it!  
A person would never catch Dom consuming veggies in such amounts.  
I am often asked if they're twins (apparently the askers must be blind) but the question always makes me laugh, they are just so very different in so many ways!


More beans please ~



Ready, Set, Go!



Yum, Yum, Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment