Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Lifesaver

One thing I really hate hearing is, "Oh, honey you look awful....."

It is difficult to accept anything that follows that statement graciously.

But when Shannon came home the other night and made the aforementioned statement, I took a deep breath and waited.  I was looking at a pile of cupcakes that needed to be transformed into Mike Wazowski and felt more tired than I even appeared after many sleepless nights.  

"Why don't you take a shower and go snuggle up in bed early with your little guy and I'll finish the cupcakes." 

Birthday cakes are my thing and I hated letting go of controlling just how imperfect they could be. I was more than a bit worried when upon finishing a shower I heard Shannon and all the kiddos laughing hysterically.  A bit scary for a control-freak but they did an awesome job and had fun doing it while I rested. 

I love you Shannon!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment