Friday, September 23, 2011

Cell Phones, The Park & Simplicity

We recently "upgraded" our Smartphones to plain ole cell phones.
A year or two ago I decided a Blackberry would enrich my life exponentially ~ that having access to email, internet, and who-knows-what-else that comes with a Smartphone would somehow simplify my life.  
Suffice it to say, it did not.  
I am not even sure that any cell phone simplifies one's life.  
Since our upgrade, or downgrade depending on how you view it, I have also decided that the vehicle is a good place to leave my phone.  My resolve was solidified when we visited the park this week.  
It was a beautiful day.  Anyone who lives in Montana knows that September is the countdown to the not-so-beautiful days.  The kids were all playing happily and I was soaking it in.  The olders swinging the youngers, sliding down slides, playing tag....it was so edifying for a mother to watch.
If I'd have had my Blackberry I would have seized the opportunity to catch up on emails, send a couple texts, check up on the news (like anything changes there) and missed it all. 
It really hit home while watching another mother immersed in her phone, while her children were  buzzing all about her.  I am not judging her motives, she may have been working and this was a chance to pull double duty.  It was just an eye opener for me since I really rarely need to be connected in that way.  
I need to live more in the moment ~ and that is my early New Year's resolution.  
Being connected can be good - and bad - balance is necessary in everything, and I think I have found mine!
  

Ooooo, this is going to be exciting!







I absolutely love, love,love that my older girls still play.



So my camera had been adjusted by someone and I was too blind to notice.  



Evidence that these two boys are not always at each other's throats!



Nickles likes the big swings, so someone has to sit next to him constantly. 






No comments:

Post a Comment