Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Gift of Children

This week around our castle has been tense to state it mildly.  With all our school craziness and me being on edge due to Theresa's situation, suffice to say it has been a trying time.
We all know when Mommy (or Daddy) ain't happy.....no one's really happy!
At the very least, there has been a lack of peace.

But my children, they have lifted me up. Humorous comments and acts of kindness have been rampant.

Dominic and Nicholas are at the ages that as difficult as they can be, everything about them absolutely cracks me up.

Ok, sometimes it makes me cry and possibly even scream a little.

Nickles is a little man and he wants to imitate the big man in everything he does, even Daddy's daily stretching regimen.

Shannon's comment, "I don't want my long underwear splattered all over the internet."
Sorry, it adds credibility to my story. 
And yes, we allow our 20-mo-old to play with scissors if it keeps him
entertained for a few minutes.  




I make Dom repeat all that he says just so I can laugh.
The poor child must be frustrated beyond belief or he's beginning to think he's a comedian.  
Thursday night he was enjoying his late night snack while I was storming around the kitchen. 
My bed was calling my name while I found myself making cheesy bread for a 3-year-old bottomless pit.  
He has a small dry erase board (his schoolwork) that he totes everywhere.  

"Mom, I'm going to dwaw a monkey, a monkey in a twee."

Scribble, scribble, scribble.  Erase, erase, erase.  

"Nebber mind, actuawy, I'm going to dwaw a tomato."  

The first step to success is acknowledging your limitations!  




Tuesday, he was busy, busy, busy.  
Or should I say quiet, quiet, quiet.
As all mothers know when things are too silent, something is up, but I chose to ignore all the signs.  
Dom had discovered his "basketballs", basketball jerseys that barely fit him back in June and I swear were packed away. 
He must have lived in them for a month straight, even squatting in front of the washer waiting for them to be clean.  
Not that he has ever watched Bulls basketball, that was way before his time, but the next time I saw him he looked like Rodman.
Ok, maybe he is too short...
...and too white...
...and not as muscular...
...and blond...
...never mind, Rodman was blonde for a while.
  
Aside from that, one can see how I confused the two. 





Michaela and Katherine have been busy helping things run smoothly. 
Laundry has been folded, floors wiped, lattes brewed.  We bought Kath a latte maker for Christmas. Honestly, it was for Katherine, but we I have benefited tremendously.  
When I make myself coffee, it is in a plain mug, with plain milk.  
When Katherine makes a cup of coffee, it is a thing of beauty.  
Beautiful cup.
Beautiful foam.
Beautiful temperature.
Beautiful cinnamon sprinkles.
Beautiful gift.  




Thank you to all my cherubs for making life beautiful!
and entertaining and exciting



1 comment: