Saturday, October 13, 2012

Road Trip

Shannon and I purchased a new-to-us car that was located in Salt Lake City.  I asked my brother, Ben, if he would fly down and drive it back up with me.  He stated that he absolutely would not, but he would fly me down in his own plane.  Apparently he wanted to fly through a bigger airport and this would be good experience.  I say he is just plain generous!

He decided that Wednesday would be the best weather and off we flew.  It typically takes me a  few days to make any sort of decision, but this one was made so very quickly it left my head spinning and waves of guilt kept creeping up from leaving Shannon and the kids midweek.  I was also a bit nervous thinking of all the things that could go wrong.
I kept thinking of how Theresa would absolutely love this and how brave she always was, or reckless ~:o)  and I slipped on a jacket that had been hers and headed for the airport.  

And it felt good.  It felt good to be off doing something adventurous on my own.  It felt good to walk across the tarmac like this was some sort of important trip!  It felt good to cruise down the interstate with the sunroof open, hair wild and crazy, Sammy Hagar blaring through the speakers.  It felt good to stop at a drive-through to grab fries and a Frosty.  And it felt good to arrive home.  No matter how I enjoy a bit of solitude, home and the chaos that accompanies it, is good!


Ready for takeoff ~ Dom was going to go, but Ben had taken the back seat from the plane.


Into the sunrise ~




Flying into Blackfoot, ID for fuel..
I think Ben just needed to use the bathroom and used fuel for an excuse!




The Great Salt Lake ~ the day was perfectly calm.




The mountains were right at our wingtips,
or so it seemed.






Our landing strip in Provo ~




This is Shannon's old guiding area that we both love ~
the mountains are spectacular!




Home stretch ~ 







2 comments:

  1. Pat was wondering where the pic of the car was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long as it got me home the car was just a minor detail!

    ReplyDelete