Sunday, December 1, 2013

Max's Baptism

Yesterday we celebrated Max's baptism.  It was a bit of an emotional moment.  As Monsignor annointed Max with Chrism oil I couldn't help but think that this wasn't how it was supposed to be.  I wasn't supposed to be holding a beautiful, tiny baby boy who was stretch-stretch-stretch-stretching in my arms.
But I was.
And to make it even better, at that moment I was was holding a new Life in Christ right in my hands.

Typically our children's baptisms are a fairly private affair, but another family was having their children baptized as well yesterday.  As everyone's voices prayed the Our Father together my heart sang and the tears began to fall.  So often during Max's pregnancy I would kneel beside my bed with no prayers to even utter, afraid to ask for my heart's desire, afraid to ask for the strength to get through whatever trials may come, afraid to really pray at all.  But I could feel myself lifted in prayer at different times and knew that while I was unable to pray, someone was praying for us.  As everyone's voices rose together in prayer, the Body of Christ, the Communion of Saints, was so apparent.


All dressed up and ready to roll ~





Thank you for my little boy!

 

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Allison, it gives me the goosebumps. I wish we could have been there!
    He really is so cute!
    Love, Auntie Maria :)

    ReplyDelete