Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blessings and More

Why is this world so fraught with injustice?  Why do bad things happen to the best people?  Today, as I sit here, any problems that may have seemed looming yesterday simply have a new light shed on them.  They are minuscule and life is good, life is not just good, life is beautiful. More importantly, life is what we make of it.  I watch as my sister heads to the hospital for her second round with cancer and how positive she is.  While I'd be falling apart she seems to be looking at it as another bump in the road.  She drinks up life, she inspires those around her to do the same.  I tend to see the grass in someone else's yard and think how green it is, while ignoring the fields of flowers around me.  Just for today I will count my blessings ~ how abundant they are!

Today ~ I am grateful for neighbors that offer to give my girls riding lessons.  The look on M's and Kath's face as they were trotting around the arena was priceless.  Isn't that what (most) every girl dreams of...horses?  Oh yeah, and knights in shining armor ON horses. 






Maybe not a knight on a mule, but you take what you're given!  Michaela is not super excited about being given Paula to ride but she is certainly not complaining...she still has four hooves! Heavens, I chopped her pretty little head off in the pic. 




Today ~ I am grateful for the abundant rain that we are receiving ~ now we don't have to waste time watering our garden and new trees we planted!  More time to perfect our poker game, right? 

Today ~ I am grateful for little birds that crash into our windows.  This little guy kept Eric and Joshie busy for the afternoon.  Apparently it is flying around their bedroom ~ oh yummy, bird poop on the carpet. 
But all is quiet upstairs ~ Life Is Good Beautiful!






No comments:

Post a Comment