Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers

Today I am grateful for you, Shannon, the father of all my cherubs.  When I was pregnant with our first child I said, "I just want my kids to look like Shannon, so I am always reminded of him when I see them." 
Seven kiddos later that is hilarious, as all our children resemble you at least in looks way more than me.  Now, if we're talking attitudes....hmmmm.


I love the way each child thinks you are the greatest...from fishing, to hunting, to playing games, to taking a good ole fashioned nap. 


They love to hear your stories and jokes at dinner, "Tell it again, Daddy!" 

You know what is best for us and no matter what I say, you do the best for each of us despite my complaining.

You are truly the leader in the family, but allow me to think that I am the boss at least sometimes. 

I think back how you have grown in our years of marriage ~ how I thought I knew what love was back when you first became a father. 

You have shown me what love really is, through the thick and thin, over the bumps and through the rough waters!

I love YOU, but you loved me first....thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment