Thursday, June 2, 2011

To Be a Kid Again

We went fishing at the lake last night.  At least Shannon and the older five went fishing.  I volunteered to sit on the shore with Dominic and Nickles.  Sitting on the lake shore sure beats sitting at home where the laundry is piling up!  Of course, I could fold it but it's just gonna get dirty again, it may not even get dirty before I have the privilege of washing and folding it again.  A friend and I were talking the other day and we thought getting a big bin, such as the ones that hold all the beach balls at Target, would be a good idea for laundry.  We could just toss the clothes in there straight from the dryer and each child could reach through the holes and grab what he/she needs, when they need it.  Okay, we may look a little disheveled some most of the time but what the heck, we'd shave hours off our laundry time. 


But I digress...spending time with just the little boys was entertaining to say the least.  The grass was the perfect height for them to play bear in.  Of course, Nickels was not cooperating with his older brother's plans, but all was well once they realized they were surrounded with dandelions ready to be puffed into the air, or their nose as the case may be. 


He can't blow his nose either ~ I believe he may sprout dandelions out his ears within the month!


And Nickles ~ he would bring them to me with maybe one seed left to blow off.



We rounded the evening out with throwing rocks, and more rocks, and sticks, and more rocks....and an empty beer bottle...I would have stopped them but they were so excited to see it bobbing on the waves. 

To be able to sit there are read a book and blow dandelion puffs, oh and throw rocks, made me so happy that these guys are part of my life.  No matter how crazy everyday life is, these moments make it ALL worthwhile!

Just one more pic because I love red sweaters and green grass ~ he is really not as sweet as he looks ~ well sometimes, but not typically.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment