Sunday, March 11, 2012

Free Time

The last couple days have left me feeling as though I had entirely too much free time on my hands.
Friday, Katherine and Michaela attended a homeschool conference.  I am receiving the mother-of-the-year award for that ~ I sent my two eldest, then spent the rest of the day park hopping and riding the carousel with the three youngest cherubs.  Okay, it wasn't quite that easy, but it certainly felt like it with only three kids to tote around.  So easy, in fact, that I decided that it would be a stellar day to catch my boys up on their immunizations.  Annika assured Dom that shots don't hurt while I was bribing him with anything I could think of, because if any of the kiddos would make this sort of adventure interesting, it was Dominic.  He actually did pretty good, I got a perfect view of his tonsils while he screamed his head off, but it was over quickly.
Annika immediately distracted him, helping him decide whether to go to the carousel or the park first.

Later, I was helping Dom relate his adventure to Grandma over the phone ~
"Dom, tell Grandma you had your shots."

    "I had my shots today, Gwamma."

"Dom, tell her you were a brave boy."

     "Gwamma, I was a.......no I wasn't, Mommy, I scweamed.  Gwamma, I scweamed and it hurt and Annika told me shots don't hurt, but she wied."

So then we had to fill out the rest of our day with the park and  carousel and fun stuff because shots are no fun and it takes me a long time to recuperate. The day was spectacular ~ sunny, warm, simply divine, bluebirds flitting around.  Whatever housework was calling my name would simply have to wait ~ and it did.
The laundry, the bathrooms, everything was still there Saturday morning.  But Michaela & Kath had another day at their conference and this time Shannon took all the kids to work with the exception of Nicholas.  The housework had waited one day, so we decided to make it two!  I caught up with a friend for coffee.  Nicholas sat perched up on a high stool and sipped guzzled his hot chocolate then licked up the whipped cream like only a little boy can.  We got our weekly grocery shopping done and tried all the samples in Costco....not the sushi, but all the rest.  Since I seem to accomplish more when I am short on time we invited my brother out for dinner.  By some miracle the laundry was folded and the floors were wiped.  The bathrooms still need some attention, but I am hoping a fairy is in there slaving away while I am wasting time on the computer.

A gal can dream.....


Every nice day we are soaking up sunshine!



Getting muddy right after confession, that has to be wrong somehow ~





The ducks at our fairgrounds, the boys weren't sure whether they should throw them bread or look for a shotgun there are so many ~:o)
We decided that wouldn't be sporting, shooting a sitting duck.  







No comments:

Post a Comment