Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Different Perspective

Shannon decided to read A Journey to the Center of the Earth to the kiddos. 
Actually, I decided to read it, but since there are two books on my list ahead of that one he took matters into his own hands.  
Now he is reading it...good man.
I am typically reading so I don't see why someone is jumping around across the room, changing seats, lying on the floor, or what-have-you.  I just perceive that no one is listening and...well...lose my patience.
Tonight I saw why there is so much commotion while I am reading and happened to have my camera handy.

To set up the sequence, Annika was sitting next to Daddy and that's where Dom (inator) wanted to be.



Try what you might, pal, I'm staying put.




Hmmh.....I need a new strategy.


Annika does not see his new plan acoming.  


Oh my sweet dear sister, I will smother you with LOVE.


You can see the resignation in her eyes.


I have had all the love I can take from you, punk!


And then, Dom went to bed for the night.
  But look at my other cherubs, they are being way too good, what are they dreaming up???



Now that I witnessed, and journaled, this moment I can no longer lose my patience with the child moving from hostile territory! 
It was good to have a new light shed on what is happening "on the other side of the book" while I'm reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment