Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Michaela ~

You're so special ~ oh so special ~ God gave you to us!
It's no wonder that we LOVE you so!



You have heard the story a hundred times, but the night YOU were born was a crazy one for all of us. 
I spent my whole pregnancy imagining what my perfect baby would look like....just a skiff of dark hair made for a beautiful little baby. 
God must have been laughing when I first saw you ~ you had a full head of black hair.  I had always said babies with that much hair kinda looked like little monkeys...talk about eating those words! 
Aside from the hair, we didn't know that babies were supposed to be born pink and crying not blue and silent.
They whisked you away and thus began a series of miracles. 
Three weeks later we finally got to take you home.  Daddy and I would not ever take for granted a healthy baby ~ life is too fragile.
You still have that thick head-o-hair but more importantly are growing up to be a beautiful young baby lady.
Even though it seems as though we take you for granted, know that we never do!
Like Daddy said tonight, you have a great sense of humor!  You better keep it....you'll need it to survive this family!

I'd rather be biking than standing here for this dumb pic, Mom!


Wooohoo!


Ahhhh, a good nap...she didn't see her bros sneaking up behind her.


I Love You.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment