Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

It's no secret around our house that Halloween is not my favorite day of the year.  I'm a notorious tightwad, so purchasing seven costumes is out of the question. I'm a barely adequate seamstress so that's the route we take every year, with more than a few swear words escaping my mouth as I attempt to sew some costume.  We always try to double up a costume piece with something that can be used later.
This year, the boys needed pajama bottoms, so I made their costumes from good ole flannel.  After sewing a pant leg, not once but twice, inside-out I was determined to never trick-or-treat again.  It would help if I began sewing a month earlier as opposed to the day before.

But upon returning from our evening excursion, and having so much fun with the kids, I am not so sure.
Shannon is sure...he stated matter-of-factly that this was the last year...we shall see!









Dominic couldn't believe his good fortune ~ how is it even possible to run up to someone's door and have them give you candy.
With a hop, skip and a jump he would dash to the next house.

We overheard Annika singing to herself while she twirled around the kitchen in her Tinkerbell costume, "I'm so happy, I'm so happy, I could twirl all my life!"

One of my favorite moments of the evening was when we arrived home, Dom hid behind the couch to get a good look at all his loot.
Naturally, Nickles discovered him and was utterly dismayed that Dom wasn't about to fork over his candy.




Shannon is the chief jack-o-lantern carver, so while I was sewing he was busy carving pumpkins.
This year we have the best pumpkins ever ~ I think that every year!
Thanks to an inspiring email that Aunt Rose sent we did think a bit more creatively.

The first couple aren't particularly holy or anything, but the last few are just cool!











Dom's last words before going to bed, "I wub candy a wot, I just wub it!"  




No comments:

Post a Comment