Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life Observations

Spending time in the car with children can be incredibly enlightening.  One is granted the privilege of an entirely new outlook on life.

Like, "Why do all roads end where the ski hills are?"

And, "When you walk into Safeway, why are you back to Helena?"  We were in another town, but Joshie thought that when we walked into the store we were right back in Helena. 

"Mom, there's Walgreens, the sucker store."  First of all I didn't know my 3-year-old could read....and how did he know I was a sucker? 

The four youngest and I traveled to Missoula yesterday.  There is nothing like leaving home to go somewhere you really don't want to be to make a person really homesick!  We were only gone five hours but when we came soaring over the top of the Pass I believe the heavens parted and sunbeams made a halo right around our house.  Ok, it was probably my imagination, but whatever. 

We made the little trip into a good time though.  We stopped by the carousel twice.  The kids couldn't believe their good fortune!





The highlight of the trip, at least for me, was our stop at the Costco food court. 
No, the polish dogs aren't that good, but the people-watching sure was. 
Joshie was loading up his cup of soda while Dom stood there waiting.  Josh stepped backward to get a lid, intently watching his cup, filled to the brim, so that it didn't spill.  He was watching it so closely he didn't notice the man behind him with his full cup of pop.  He bumped into him and caused the man to spill soda down his pants. 
Dom, with impeccable timing, says, "Awkward," and walks over to our table.
I snatched up our food and headed for the car!  How could I help but laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment